We have gotten good news today. We have 2 verbal commitments to donations. Every time we become worried about something to do with the run, we get good news. I will announce our 2 donors after I have been given permission to do so.
Some days you need to not think about running. I will digress . . . . .
Ten things I think about doing but don’t:
- Riding a baggage carousel at an airport. I want to re-enact Slim Pickens riding the bomb on some unsuspecting person’s golf bag or some other large bag.
- Take pictures of everyone I see texting and driving and post them on the internet for shaming.
- As another table gets its food at a restaurant, reach over with a fork and taste someone’s food. Then thank them as if they offered.
- Fly a kite in a storm
- Try to pass the Bar exam without any studying.
- Compete in an eating contest, preferably donuts or bacon.
- Go on Ghosthunters for an investigation.
- Design and write and ap for Android or IOS.
- Learn to play banjo.
- Run for an office (i.e. Congress, Senate, Governor, etc.)
I have been obsessing on minor details in my running becoming hyper-self-critical. It is time to think about other things hence the list.
I am currently listening to Allegiant by Veronica Roth when I run. I haven’t decided what is next. World War Z by Max Brooks is a great audiobook, and I usually default to it when I cannot decide.